Puppy preschool was developed so that puppies can socialise together in a safe environment prior to completing their full puppy vaccination course. It is critical that puppies are socialised properly and safely to help prevent them developing aggression or anxiety associated behaviours. Because the puppies have not yet completed their vaccination course, we ensure that the classes are held indoors only and the area is to be thoroughly disinfected prior to the classes.
What you and your pup will learn from our classes:
- Why it’s important to vaccinate against specific diseases
- Why we advise protection against intestinal worms, heartworm and fleas
- Grooming and bathing your puppy to help prevent skin disease.
- Registration, Microchipping and pet insurance.
- Canine nutrition, what/what not to feed your puppy. - Dental care, to help prevent your puppy developing dental disease later on in life.
- Useful tips for toilet training, separation anxiety, mouthing/biting, digging, preventing jumping up and also getting your pup used to their lead.
- Your pup will also learn how to sit, lay, stay and come.
If you or a friend are thinking about booking in your puppy for our puppy preschool classes, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly staff members for any enquiries that you might have.